7.24.2008

What makes you happy?

Earlier this week I was taking some pictures of Alex and Emily as they were playing. Alex has a chronic issue when it comes to taking pictures.......the totally goofy smile. It is never a true Alex smile and his eyes are all squinted and closed. Usually if we get him talking about stuff while we take pictures, the pictures end up looking much more natural! So, that is what I did. I asked him to tell me "What makes you happy?" These were his 3 totally unsolicited answers:

  • God Loves Me
  • Playing with my Daddy
  • Playing at my house

Now, that makes me happy! I haven't been able to get his answers off my mind all week. I could not have been a happier mommy than I was at that moment. Alex is continuing to process and learn about what a relationship with Christ is all about. And he is getting a pretty good grasp on the concept that God Loves Us! Ryan and I continue to pray that his knowledge and understanding of a relationship with God continues to progress so that one day he can make a decision to allow God to be the center of his life!

Of course all of this has made me think....if I had been faced with the same question what would my answers have been? Having a child-like faith is so awesome! I think we need to let go of our "adultness" (if that is a word) and strive to have faith like a child more often! So, I guess my question to you is "What makes you happy?"

1 comments:

Scarlett Martin said...

That is awesome to see Alex already being responsive to God's love. It encourages me to keep praying daily for all our little ones.