7.16.2008

My baby is growing up

My baby girl is turning into a big girl. Tuesday was her first day of preschool. We were very fortunate to have a wonderful sitter to keep Emily this past year while Ryan and I were working. But as Emily gets older, we want her to be around other kiddos and get used to the ideas of playing and learning and sharing with others her age. We found out back in April, after being on a waiting list since we moved to Rock Hill, that Emily had a spot in a preschool program. The place she is attending is open for kids 18 months thru 4K. She will attend 10 times this summer before I go back to school, sort of as an adjustment period. For those of you who don't know Emily that well, she has pretty bad separation anxiety! We keep praying it will go away or at least diminsh soon, but so far it has been going strong since she was about 9 months old! Therefore these 10 days to get used to the "new place" are pretty important!

She did pretty good on Tuesday. She cried when I left and the teachers told me she had a couple of small melt-downs during the morning. But she was playing on the little playground when I arrived to pick her up and seemed to be taking in her new surroundings pretty well. We only left her for a 1/2 day on Tuesday. She goes back tomorrow for day #2. Tomorrow she will stay through lunch time....about 45 minutes longer than on Tuesday. Say prayers for my sweet Emmy-girl...that she will like her new school and that she will quickly become accustomed to new routines, new people, and new things! I am excited to see how she grows in this new place this year.

1 comments:

Holly Green said...

Welcome to my world! Sophia has been like that since she was born and it is so sad and draining all at the same time. Keith and I were talking that if we didn't know better we would think that she had been abused or something judging by the way she acts when we leave her. Emily will grow familiar with her new surroundings and eventually love it!