8.07.2008

It's that time...

Well, it's that time of year...Back-to-School time! In my life, the year is measured from August to July instead of January to December like most of the population. Things have happened this week that prove "Back-to-School" is just around the corner. Here's what has been going on this week:

  • Mommy and Alex shopped for his 4K school supplies and a new backpack on Monday.
  • Mommy made "Back-to-School" Lasagna on Monday. (This is when Mommy makes a really large recipe of lasagna and most of it gets frozen for those days this fall when school ends and dinner begins all about the same time.)
  • Mommy and Alex spent Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning at mommy's library trying to clean up and organize for the coming year.
  • We made multiple stops at several random stores getting really random things that mommy needs to make the year go smoothly.
  • Alex got his welcome back to school letter and found out who his teacher would be this year. We had been waiting all week for the letter to arrive.

I officially start back to school on Monday. This will be year #2 as an India Hook Elementary Pirate for me. Last year there was a lot of adjustment. I expect some of the same again this year, but at the same time I am excited to see what all lies ahead.

Good luck to all of you who will be going "Back-to School" with me over the next few weeks! And to those of you who have little ones who will be going to school for the very first time....Good Luck! The teacher in me wants to tell you......Your kids will be fine. They will adjust quickly and have FUN! Give them a hug and a kiss and leave so that teachers can get the school year started. The mommy in me says.... Give them a hug and a kiss and linger outside their classroom door just to make sure they're okay and to get a quick glimpse at what they look like as "big kids" in Kindergarten! And then, turn around and get to your car as quickly as possible, grab the box of Kleenex that you conveniently placed in the passenger seat before going inside the school, and cry until you feel better! : ) Happy Back-to-School Season!

2 comments:

The Collins Clan said...

Merri Anna-
I've really gotten in to this blog-thing lately and so glad I found you guys' blog! I probably will start one soon as well so our families (in Louisiana) can keep up with our lives better!
I hope you guys are enjoying it over there...we miss you guys. Shannon was saying the other day that some guy he met really reminded him of Ryan. Anyways, have a fabulous day!!
Karen, Shannon and Caleb Collins

KerrisKorner said...

SO funny...I totally agree with the part about them being just fine and us mommies having to cry and be sad. I can't handle the thought of Kate going to Kindergarden, but hopefully in 3 years I'll come to have accepted it! Good luck with getting the year off right...GO PIRATES!!!